Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sugar, Sugar.

In the second unit of the Food For Thought class, we learned about the processing of most of the foods we eat. The second action project for this unit assigned us to research a specific kind of food and find how it got from where ever it was originally grown, to our plates. The food that I decided to research was Sugar. I like sugar, but I don’t know much about it. I was surprised at some of the things I came across. One of those facts was  that sugar cane is burned to release any harmful chemicals and any poisonous animals. I get why they would do that, but all it's doing is releasing even more chemicals into the air. Although sugar is sweet, too much of it can damage our bodies. Many people have illnesses because of sugar. Many of them, that I did not know existed. I never really thought about where sugar came from or how it was produced, and everything shocked me when I did find out. Thanks to this project I now have a more clear understanding of one of the products that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment