Thursday, October 15, 2015

Exploring Malala's Words.

In the first Humanities class of my junior year, Rhetoric, we are going over how to use our voices to bring people together, divide the opinions of people and transcend conflict. In the second unit of this course, which is called Challenge, the class went over how speakers use devices and many appeals to persuade their audience to be on their side. To get a better sense about this all, we read and listened to many speeches and practiced making annotations on these speeches. For the action project, the class was assigned to look into a speech and annotate it, along with looking for the many appeals and devices that the speaker included. I decided to look into a speech given by Malala Yousafzai. It was her first speech given since she was shot by the Taliban, so I knew there were going to be a lot of important messages, and I knew she was going to be smart about how she wrote/presented her speech. It was a challenge picking which speech of hers to pick, but after going through them, I thought this one was the strongest. I honestly was scared because of how long the speech is, but it was very well written and very informative, so this project not only helped me with improving my skills on annotation, but it also also informed me on the problems that Malala is addressing in her speech. I hope you enjoy my prezi presentation below!


No comments:

Post a Comment