Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mejorando mi Espanol.

In order to finish up my credits, I had to complete 15 hours of language.  I decided to work on Spanish.  I speak the language at home because that's the only language my grandparents can speak well. It can get frustrating at times trying to communicate with them, but it also helps me improve my Spanish. I know I have to improve, so I went to visit a Spanish tutor. Once I actually met with her, I had to let her know that I understood the basics, and that I can carry on a conversation in Spanish with no problem. It was more the writing that I had to get done. Apart from getting tutored, I also decided to look into my culture more since Spanish is the main language for it. For that, I took a trip to Pilsen. I was lucky enough to go on a super nice day, so I spent most of my afternoon there. Right away, I was welcomed with the stories on those walls. The murals. Most of them reflected on life in Mexico, and transitioning here in America. I also went to the National Museum of Mexican Art. I visited the exhibits and was super impressed with all of them. Below I have pictures of my Pilsen visit. I hope you enjoy!
RD. Pilsen Visit. 2017 

RD. Pilsen Visit.  2017

RD. Pilsen Visit. 2017

RD. Pilsen Visit. 2017 

RD. Pilsen Visit. 2017.




No comments:

Post a Comment