Thursday, April 23, 2015

Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.

In the first unit of the Cure course, which was called Emergency, the class went over the structure and how the cells in the human body work. For the math portion of this unit we went over system of equations, and looked at the variables included. For the action project, the class was assigned to create a slideshow about a specific surgery, and explain the cells affected by it and describe the healing process. I decided to focus my slideshow on Coronary Artery Bypass surgery. I chose that surgery because my grandpa needed that surgery done on him a few years back. I was young when he got it, and I didn't know much, so I took this chance to learn more about it. I didn't mind doing research because of the reason that I'm close to someone who got it done, so it was interesting learning about what was being fixed inside their body. Even though research was not a problem, it was hard to find pictures that represent what each slide is about. It was also harder finding the cells that are affected by this surgery. Overall though, I found this unit and action project pretty interesting. Thanks to my project, and the projects of other students, I now have more knowledge on other surgeries. Check out my prezi here.


No comments:

Post a Comment