Thursday, April 21, 2016

Our truss bridge!

In the first unit of Urban Planning, we learned about weight, load, and all the different forces that act on us. We looked into Newton’s fundamental laws to see how those work. We studied falling objects by learning how to use equations and vectors. Finally, we started studying bridges. We looked at the very different types, how they were built, why they were built, and how they worked with geometric modeling. For the action project, we were assigned to build a bridge with using only glue and 50 popsicle sticks. This bridge is also supposed to be able to handle at least 10 pounds. I felt the anxiety kick in right away because popsicle sticks seem weak, but in my slideshow, you'll see how it turned out. Communication was key when working with my partner, which made everything go smoohly. I hope you enjoy going through my slideshow!

No comments:

Post a Comment