Sunday, May 10, 2015

Asthma.

In the second unit of the Cure class, which was called Treatment, the class went over the breakthroughs in medicine, including the discovery of Penincillen. We also  went over antibiotics and medicines and figured out what ingrediants they carry and how they work in our bodies. For the math portion of this class we went over how to balance equations and learned how to solve quadratic formulas. For the action project, the class was assigned to choose a certain illness and describe it's symptoms, the perscribe medications, and alternatives that can possibly treat this illness. All this information was to go on a box that is designed like an actual medication. For the math portion, we had to measure the length, width and height of the box we chose to design. Once we had the numbers, we had to set it up as quadratic formula, and figure out the equation in a video. The video will be seen by the teacher through a QR code that is glued on our medication box. At first I was a little scared when I heard how the math would be introduced into this project, but with some practice I got over that fear. I like the idea of getting access to the equation video thorugh a QR code. Thanks to this project I learned about the illness I chose, Asthma. It's a illness that so many people have, yet I didn't know much about it. Thanks to this unit I learned about many medications, and learned how they really work in the human body. I hope you enjoy my box below!




No comments:

Post a Comment